So we go out with Cheryl (Erin joined me today) and we saw some bad houses and some nice condos (If it was just me I might have considered one but they are two small for two and no garage!). Then we even saw some fantastic town homes but they were all the way in Gresham. Which would mean my commute would be just as long as it is now. Something I wanted to avoid. So I'd have gone for that one for sure if it wasn't for location. If I didn't work in Beaverton but rather downtown it would be just right. You'll see why when you look at the pictures.
Essentially God gave me a good three other options that were really nice and the FSBO by the bike path was less and less appealing. So then as we are back in the office and Cheryl is printing me some stuff on the town homes (which are super cheap for what you get) she sees two new houses on the market in the Montavilla area that went on the market yesterday. We get excited because both look promising and so we extend our time to go see them. We saw a cute 50's ranch on Taylor and then a very cute and well decorated dollhouse on Alder.
The house on Alder was decorated in my style for sure. It even had a gas fireplace! But the electrical panel is the old fuse panel type and the siding is definitely needing replaced at some point. Two nice big expenses. The house is small though 770 sq ft. We discussed how it would be perfect yet again for one person, but over that and you will be a little cramped. Small, small closets still. It was difficult not to be sucked in by the cute factor (check out the pic's and you'll see why).
On SE Taylor there was a cute ranch style 50's house. Its in a very quiet part of Taylor (in the middle between 82 and 92 so perfectly placed). Looks small and cute but then you go in and there is a huge addition out the back. It has three bedrooms and two baths and its in my neighborhood! Its got a newer looking roof and the siding is in good shape (cedar shake). The electrical panel looks more updated and there are fabulous decks already built off the front and back (Trex). Downsides are it needs vinyl windows but I now know how much it costs to do this and its not so scary (but does take money), the baths were last done in 1978 I'm sure so they need updated but they are by far nicer old baths. The kitchen is the only downside. It is cabinets from essentially the year the place was built and doesn't have much appeal. But its livable and has a lot of potential.

Cheryl walked in and was so excited when she saw it. Its all the things I've been wanting even if it looks like grandma's house right now. She told me not too mess around and make an offer! Essentially its a 3 bed 2 bath with nice updates, money one's like roofing and decks) for the same price as all the others I looked at! We think its a little under priced already, which is GOOD for me. So I am making an offer today! It has great potential. The space alone means it will appreciate very nicely and I can only make it more updated and better. Pray, pray, pray! I want to just have it all be over with. At least the picking part.
Check out the pic's on dropshots. The MLS number is 8061964 if you want to go check it out.
1 comment:
OHHHH I told you DID YOU FEEL IT?? DID YOU FEEL IT THE WAY I SAID YOU WOULD?? like you walked in and KNEW this was your house and you werent compromising??
I can tell you even sound different in your blog than you did about the others where you were just "well I guess this ones fine"
Im so excited for you!!!!!!
And you will LOVE having a Trex deck. We have one and we were just discussing yesterday how great it is b/c you never have to stain it. They are SO low maint!!!!
OH I am praying that you get this house!
Post a Comment