6/04/2008

Decisions are so hard!

I found a little house I liked this weekend. It needs a few things done on it, but it has good space for the price and the updates it needs I think I could do over time. I was all set to go take a second look this weekend and make an offer. Well my agent calls me today and says someone else has made an offer. So began my dilemma and push to make a quick decision.

I have been praying about the house and I know God has the right one for me, but which one? How will I know this is the one? I'm such a quick decision maker usually, but this isn't something I can just take back to the store if I don't like it. Its a big investment and a huge financial step. I talk with my dad and mom every few days and its been so fabulous to bounce it all off of them. I also have many people praying for me on this issue too which is so very comforting. So I felt confident that I should just take the plunge and make an offer. I have to do it sometime and if I don't I might regret it later (I'm still regretting not making an offer on Grandma's house though it would have been a ton of work). I figure the worst they can do is turn it down, and then I'll have confirmation this house wasn't for me. I made the offer pretty close to what I was planning already and I think its fair. If they take the one then they take it.

So now comes the waiting game. I am not in the best position here being the second person to put an offer in so I'm not banking on getting a yes. I just feel peace about this though I am sure I'll be disappointed if I don't get it. Its hard when the thing in front of you "right now" looks like the best idea/option you have and then it doesn't work out, it can be devestating really. But I am confident that God has something good in store for me even if I don't see it right now. He will protect me through this and if its a bad decision to buy this house I am trusting him to close the door. He's done it before and I trust he will do it again.

So how do you all deal with these kinds of things? I think I'll make a new poll for this (check it out on the right).

Pictures are on my dropshots links of all the houses this weekend. My top three were the one above on Alder, a cute little yellow cottage on Morrison, and a nicely landscaped house on 85th.

1 comment:

TcH said...

OH the one you put an offer on is pretty darn cute. I will pray that it works out if this is the one for you. It is a buyers market right now, so hopefully no matter what you are in the drivers seat (if God wants you there!!!)
I was thinking too, a LOT of deals are falling through right now, even once an offer goes in. So if they do accept the other offer, don't give up hope. Just keep praying, you must might get it in the end.

Praying for you!!!! T