2/28/2009

Shopping high...

No I didn't give up my previous post vow! I am working on how to manage my money better and after a crash course from Kate and lots of blog surfing I found some great coupons and deals. My high from today was from a trip to Safeway and Walgreen's. Walgreen's is a whole new world for me... Most of the deals are detailed on the cool blog Frugal Living. Here's what I got:

Spray 409 and Tilex Shower Cleaner 2 for $6 with a coupon for $1 off and Rewards of $2. Averages out to $1.50 each! Then I got another Rewards deal for Venus Razors at $2 off $8.99 and then I got $6 in Rewards, so that was only $0.99 in the end. So I now have $8 in rewards (basically cash you have to use in the next 2 weeks) that I'll use to buy the rest of my cleaning/personal stuff for the month. Oh, and I can get more rewards tomorrow with another sweet deal!

Safeway I had 4 manufacturer coupons that got doubled and two store coupons that totalled over $5 in coupon savings, and then using the good Safeway deals for the week (look in Sunday's paper) I saved another $38 or so. In the end my savings equaled my bill, that's right... I got all my groceries this week for %50 off!

Sigh of contentment.

1 comment:

TcH said...

my brain hurts now......

but, congrats!
that is cool