I feel I've neglected blogging out here lately because of Facebook. Its hard to find the balance there, but I do think blogging is a great way to express more than a random thought a day. Facebook is great for quick updates of friends and sharing pictures and silly things. But blogging takes more thought. Frankly it pushes me to process some of my life too and sharing it with you all is always good accountability for me. So here's what's been mulling about in my head lately and its not a good post but I suppose I'm a little rusty.
I love, love, love old movies. Colleen loaned me a bag of movies and I'm working my way through The Thin Man series and I'm in love. These characters blow the Gilmore Girls out of the water with all their fast paced dialog and its incredibly witty. For example this is a line I just heard "What do you mean illiterate? My parents were married right here in City Hall!". Classic. I used to work through old movies like this in high school. I'd just start a movie marathon and watch every single one in a row. How else would I have seen every Esther Williams movie made. There is just something so lovely about old films. I adore the clothing, the style, and I think they can knock many of our current day films out of the water. So that's a little happiness.
Knitting... I'm knitting again and I've come to the realization that I'm quite awful at it. Yet I keep going. I will finish Anna's hat! Though I feel its an effort in futility.
Over the Rhine... I'm so giddy I get to see them in December live. Go listen to them and you'll know why.
My house has become a source of endless projects. How do you not always feel behind when you own a house? My gutters need cleaned. I have a dresser that I need to refinish in the garage that's taking up space. Paint that needs patched in my bedroom. But hey, today I got a lamp up in the living room so we can finally see at night. What a novel idea. It required me drilling a nice hole in the plaster in the ceiling and Kara marveling that I even have a drill and can do such a thing. I like my drill, oh and the power sander I used last weekend.
Speaking of novels... I need a new one to read. But I doubt any will compare to my last one finished. But I guess I need to jump into the lake some time.
Bible Study... We started one this week and it was such a blessing to be a part of it. I hosted it at my house but thankfully I'm not the organizer. I think this has been a void in my life for a while. I am definitely feeling the fact that I haven't been in the Word enough lately. I even read through some old journals recently and it just seems I'm on repeat with my issues and struggles in my life. I'm sure they are cycling and progressing some how, but it was a wake up call that I just go through living life sometimes without really living. Just today I was convicted that I am not even prayerfully considering who is lost around me that needs to know about Christ and to feel his love. This makes me sad.
2 comments:
Hola Katie! It sounds like your life is full and rich right now, how wonderful! I just wanted to stop by and say hello!
(Good luck with your house, I would so offer to help, but there's this continent in the way.)
Holy cow! We have moles too! We lived in our old house for 21 years and never had one, and then just before we moved, they invaded.
Weird.
Thanks for saying my blog looked nice, I'm rather proud of my new-found ability to modify it (insert a little smile or wink or something happy here).
Post a Comment