11/18/2008

Little by little

I've been back on Weight Watchers again for the last month or more. I've been trying to work diligently to track what I'm eating and make good choices. Step one after my gluttony in Italy in September was to start focusing in on this again. Things have been going pretty good and I've lost some weight. In fact I enjoy eating healthier, it just takes more effort.

Step two was to join the gym. I had to move from the gym at work because its being rennovated so I joined 24hr Fitness. I set up some personal training sessions to get a plan going. So far I'm incredibly sore and I'm still not able to figure out how to make the weight machines fit my short body.

Results... I'm seeing them for sure. I bought a dress from Banana Republic recently that is 2, count'em 2 sizes smaller than I had been wearing a year ago. YAY!! Ok, well its still a little tight but I think it will be perfect soon. The only sad thing in this process is that the coat I spent a good chunk on last winter is now way too big for me (along with a few other key items). So I either pay money to have it taken in, or I buy a new coat. I actually found a few things in my closet that I haven't been able to fit in for years that now are perfect. Kara was laughing because I was having so much fun shopping in my own closet last week.

2 comments:

TcH said...

Congrats Katie! I am proud of you. What a burden it is to HAVE to shop for new clothes?? I knwo you are up to the task. ha ha.

I would imagine that you have a challenge with all of the traveling that you do, trying to stay eating healthy. There aren't always a lot of good choices depending on where you are at.

I know you can do it! You are very disciplined!

Love ya! T

Katie said...

Thanks T! Yeah, I never have an issue with the shopping. Or maybe that is the issue. Ha, ha, ha. I don't know that I've been that disciplined but something's working which is cool. Though last week's travel was difficult, I worked out some but food is hard to control.