8/25/2008

Blessings

I have no witty thoughts lately for my blog friends. It's a sad reality, but I think all the frantic work I've been doing on the house are sucking all my brain cells straight out of my head. In fact there were more than a few occasions in the past week where I couldn't even formulate or articulate my thoughts at work. It would be funnier if it hadn't been so annoying.

But enough of that... All that work is leading up to a BIG FAT Celebration! My Open House is this Saturday at 4pm. Come one come all! I've sent out invites if you didn't get one let me know and I'll send you the specifics via email. I tried to keep track of addresses and invitees but really with this recent state of mind don't take it personally if you didn't get one. Hopefully by then I'll at least have the boxes in the spare room stacked nicely instead of the giant pile they are now. One task at a time.

I was so very grateful this weekend for so many things. God reminded me that He's taking me through each and every step in my life and this weekend he provided me with some great support. I had a truck to borrow to run errands in and pick up some Ikea furniture, which is still in its very heavy box waiting to be assembled. I have a great roommate who worked on painting and spiffing the house up all day Saturday. I had these amazing gardening fairies (can fairies be masculine, I think so based on Midsummer Night's Dream) show up and mow and edge my lawn, plant and trim flowers not to mention pressure wash my drive way. It was pure and utter loveliness. Then I had a wonderful night out with a friend that ended in sipping wine on my new deck and great conversation. Sunday I felt God telling me I needed to observe a Sabbath Day or I'd never survive the next week. So instead of finishing the list of tasks I had a great lunch and lazy afternoon with friends and ended the night finishing a great book. So much to be thankful for!

Oh and a reminder that the Oregon Symphony's free concert on the waterfront is this Thursday! The best night of the year.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Katie!

We're going to be camping this weekend. I am so bummed about missing your open house. You have to post some pictures. I wanna see!

I hope it goes well and that you have a lot of fun!

Congratulations on your 1st home! :o)

meagan said...

Eeeee!! Big Fat Celebration! That'll be loads of fun. I wish I could be there with you for every single moment of it.

That is extra cool about your day this last Sunday. I love it that you listened and did that.

love meagan

p.s. "Can fairies be masculine?" HAHAHAAHA!!!