Now that I am officially in my first lovely house all I see around me are things I want to update, paint, fix or decorate. I am working every minute I'm home on some little project it seems. There are endless spots to touch up with paint, fix or tackle. Last week I got new window's installed and a more secure door on the garage and a new dishwasher and disposal installed. Next I need to actually find a washer and dryer because I can only survive so long hauling it to Matt and Emily's who graciously let me use theirs tonight.
I can't seem to relax at all when I'm here yet. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love that I can actually DO these little improvements. In fact this is just what I was wanting (little projects). I just need to be okay with pacing myself which has always been a struggle. I am a "red" personality in this test I took last year and really it means I just want to get things DONE and get them done quickly. Taking my time is hard. Usually on moving I have the entire house decorated and put away with in a month! I'm working on pacing myself though. Also the finances are a good reminder that I need to take it slow, because soon the money will be gone if I'm not careful! I had 1a friend at work today explain that before you buy you talk in thousands of dollars (price of the house, financing, down payments etc...) but once you own it you talk in hundreds of dollars (washers, dryers, windows etc...). Will it never end? I guess not. This is what you do when you own a home. Wow... No going back now.
Oh and yes I know you all want to see pictures but I need a few things to be a bit more done before I post before and after pictures. I'll try and do it by next week, this weekend hopefully we'll get a lot more of the little details done. Also the open house is August 30th at 4pm. Invites are coming I swear, but consider this also your invite.
No comments:
Post a Comment