3/06/2008

Stuck

Do you ever feel just totally stuck in the way you think? Or defeated even by your own thoughts? I definitely struggle with this. Its like we have an ongoing dialog in our heads and usually that internal dialog is pretty negative. I have a few trains of thought I've been trying to leave behind lately, but when you speak something in your head so many times it seems impossible to stop that habit. How do you retrain your brain? My one thought is that this is where that whole renewing your mind verse comes into play. Each time the thought comes in refute it with truth, but that right there is a habit that needs built. I read somewhere it takes 6 months to make a habit. That's a long time.

So here's hoping your internal struggles with yourself are going better than mine.

4 comments:

meagan said...

Our thoughts sure are often our own worst enemies.

Katie said...

As an update to this post... God is so faithful and He's really been speaking to me this week and helping me combat some of these thoughts I struggle with. Thanks for not leaving me hanging God!

Karen Kay said...

Before I read your post I began a "vision" board with Christ in the center and positive scriptures posted around the edges to break my critical self thoughts. I'll put the board where I will see it every morning --near the bathroom mirror. The world throws far too many poisonous darts at us.

Katie said...

That's such a good idea Karen! I actually had a huge list of scriptures we used at the last HS girls retreat last weekend and they are just so powerful to read and remember that's what God says about us.