2/12/2008

Action required

As part of my efforts to take action on what God prompted me on this weekend I am now trying to ingest the Word and good teaching on a daily basis. Its one of those things I need to build as a discipline, not to achieve a certain amount of reading a day but just to daily listen to God. To start I'm downloading a Bible reading from iTunes onto my iPod to listen to while working out and I've also downloaded some good teachings from Imago Dei Community. I love podcasts!!! I've got a link to their site over to the right now and you can also find them on iTunes under podcasts if you are curious. The series they went through on Casting Down Idols has been pretty good for me to work through. I'm also looking forward to hearing some of Jody Mayhew's teachings on Hebrews on her site (also to the right now under Blogs). I miss her teaching because its while I'm at work, so this is exciting for me to find.

The second effort I'm taking, thanks to my friend Kate will be to really try to meet the Lord in prayer and with some accountability weekly (at least when I'm in town). I used to do this with various friends in the past and I feel the need to make it a priority again. Pray that God would motivate the right group to possibly join in with us, or not. We know the time will be worth the effort even if its just us.

I'm stating a lot of this here just so you my friends will keep me accountable to it and ask me how I'm doing keeping these priorities and actions going.

1 comment:

Andrew Price said...

Yay! How exciting to see friends making changes and being drawn (and running) closer to God. This is exciting.

I love you, Katie.