6/22/2007

Odds and Ends

Its been a while so here's what I've been up too...

Moved- Hooray! My new place is really big (well for one person at least), I painted some walls (nice warm brown) and I'm dying to buy all new stuff to decorate with (right now I'm into cherry red and grass green). I'm holding myself back until Ikea opens in July.

Read/ing- Finished Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen for the first time. I loved it. Also I'm in the middle of The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini right now. It is a very powerful book so far, and I've struggled a lot with the protagonist and some of the story line, but I'm hoping he pulls through in the end. I require redemption in characters I read.

Movie/TV- I went to see Ocean's 13, which was WAY better than Ocean's 12. It was a fun way to spend an hour or two. I'm steadily Net Flixing my way through the Lost Season 2. So addictive. And speaking of addictive, I now have cable and can't stop watching HGTV, Food Network, and TLC. I might need a 12 step program.

Listening- The sweetest song I've heard recently that I'm loving is Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's. One of my big guilty pleasure is always music by Gwen Stefani and I'm loving her latest Sweet Escape. You can hear me yeehooing along with the song in my car most days.

Driving- My new commute is now about 45 minutes to an hour long. On Wednesday I got stuck, I didn't have food and by the time I made it to my meeting at the church I was shaking. Long drives and a hungry Katie do NOT mix well.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't wait for Ikea! I'm glad your liking your new place. It's always fun to decorate. I'd love to come see your place sometime.

I'm loving Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape too. I watched her sing it on Ellen and decided I really liked it. FUN! At least you have fun music to sing too on your long commute. :o) I don't envy you for that. It's been nice Bryan not having a commute...our gas bill has been awesome.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

TcH said...

I hate Gwen Stefani! Ewww what is up with that hair??? it's nasty.
I know you wanted my opinion didnt you? hee hee
how did you get stuck Wed? what happened? That sucks!!!
why hadn't you eaten all day?? Im not happy about that Katie!! You need snacks in your car maybe!

Katie said...

Oh I ate, but it had been a long time and my body can't handle more than 4 hours without protein (hypoglycemia). I get raging headaches and lose all patience and concentration. I keep snacks at work, and they are lifesavers.

I just didn't take a protein bar with me thinking I'd be at the church with food in a short time. I figured I'd make it. I was wrong. Today the commute was bad too, but I took a bar so I survived. I swear Satan is just trying to keep me from getting to church for HS ministry. I'm no use to anyone when I have a lack of food and traffic has made me cranky. Seriously the kids don't need to see me like that.

Gwen Stefani is AWESOME! For one she doesn't sing one country song and so therefore she's a winner in my book. ;-)

Anonymous said...

First of all what is a movie? The last one I have seen was Happy Feet at Kennedy School Amanda and I and 60 other rowdy children. Second, the country music comment hurts a little. T and I went to the Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill concert for our anniversary present. If you don't know those names Katie I'll show you video.
Brenda L