Just wanted to post an update on the prayer time we had, and the previous posts. Our time together went really well! I was too busy the week leading up to it to really plan what we'd do so I just kept committing the time over to the Lord and asking Him to lead us and I really feel he did. It was very affirming to hear everyone who came express similar concerns and callings to do something to connect with our generation and to grow together in the Lord.
Some of our key thoughts that resulted in our conversation and prayer time was that we feel its our responsibility to rise up and reach our generation for the Lord. We want to connect with each other deeply in relationships and we desire these relationships to reach across generations and social status (married, single, families, college whatever... all together). We felt a call to really reach out to all the single parents in our community and also to represent the godly picture of a family to them through our church family.
We felt this was really just the start of our journey, and really it is a journey. We totally understand that God may only reveal one step at a time but we want to be faithful to take those steps as he reveals them. And we want to do this bound together as a community and centered in prayer and guidance from our head, Jesus. So we are getting together to pray again next weekend, and will probably continue to do so. Thanks everyone who prayed for this! I know your prayers really helped us keep focused on the goal. Continue to pray for us and if you are in the area and want to be involved just let me know.
On a personal note I have to move in a few weeks. Laurel is trying to get back on the mission field and needs to start saving money so she can set up house in Germany again (which is very expensive). I looked desperately for places close in P town, but Craigslist is the bane of my existence. As soon as I'd find a place and call or visit to view it would be rented. Sometimes within hours! So discouraging. So I decided I'd make the move out to the 'burbs. I can get a lot more apartment, with amenities for cheaper. My commute will be longer though. So if anyone wants to help me move let me know! :-) I'm going to miss my neighborhood.
7 comments:
katie have you thought about buying a house?
You could always move down here...home prices are dirt cheap. Like under $90K on the average. No kidding!
Of course I've thought about buying a house. Problem is what I want to live in and what I can afford are very different. :-) Really I can't right now, which bums me out greatly. Stan, that would be quite a commute for me. Though I'd love to see you guys more often!
I'd like to help you move!!!!
meagan
You want to help me or you will? ;-)
I found you...now I can get updated
I'll help you move
hee hee
Post a Comment