6/27/2007

Inspiration please

I need help. This Sunday is our first "big" group prayer time at church with the younger classes. I've been unsuccessful getting people together to pray for direction for our generation's involvement and passion in the church. Mostly because of summer schedules and conflicts, so we decided to try a Sunday during normal Sunday School time for the classes we are hoping to get involved.

It just hit me last night that since our first awesome meeting, my excitement and passion has been dying. I think Satan is definitely trying to discourage me and keep me from moving here, and probably everyone else based on some of the scheduling conflicts, from seeking the Lord together. Randy sent me home from youth group tonight to try and meet with God again on this idea and prepare for Sunday. So first order of business was to ask for your help...

Will you guys pray for our meeting? It seems funny to pray for a prayer meeting, but I think its essential to pray God's protection over this time. I know God can work in the people in my church and I desperately want Him to move us into action and further growth in Him. I need Him to direct our time on Sunday, and I need Him to empower me and fill me with the Holy Spirit so this group will be inspired and catch the vision.

No comments: