4/22/2006

Pied-à-Terre

Today I learned on OPB show Real Simple that Pied-Ã -Terre actually means: a secondary or temporary place of lodging. I thought that was very interesting. Its always a fun show that defines often used words for you so you won't feel a fraud when you use them in the future. In a way my little apartment here is now a Pied-Ã -Terre, my temporary residence for another few weeks. I finally got the details worked out and have an apartment waiting for me.

I'm looking forward to moving now. And I'm looking at couches. I love shopping, if you haven't noticed. I've already checked out four stores, and changed my mind only three times. I love that this is the least of my worries now. God is good.

9 comments:

meagan said...

I thought Pied-a-Terre was a dance term.

stan said...

I thought it meant "mud pie".

Terre = earth, pie = pie

:)

Katie said...

You are silly.

Andrew Price said...

So a temorary place of lodging is a Pied-a-Terre, huh?

Man, for me that's just a fancy way to say "Grandma's house".

Anonymous said...

Why do you watch OPB?? Is that so you can fall asleep from boredom? hee hee.

Meiska said...

I'm moving too. It's none to exciting! Good thing is I got to finally paint my room something other than white! (Now it's a lovely sherbert orange color)

Glad everything is working out for you!

Katie said...

sOPB is so fascinating!! I can't believe you are bashing it. Right now I'm addicted to Texas Ranch House. I should blog about it. Its like a reality/history show. The people are placed on a ranch that's supposed to simulate life on the range in the 1800's. The rancher fired two people last night. Things aren't looking good for him.

Queen you are moving too! Congrats! Sherbet sounds like a great color. I can paint my walls too, but I'm not sure if I want to put out the effort yet.

Queen Mum said...

Glad to hear that the housing thing worked out. God is good. just noticed that one of your links was to Anthropologie. Queeny
just loves that and is always so excited to receive it.

Katie said...

Oh Anthropologie is the best. We'll have to visit on her weekends off because there is a great one here in town.