I should deal in the realm of free things more often. It would definitely help with my finances. But the main reason for this post is to let you know that Plumb's newest single is free this week on iTunes!! (Note the use of two exclamation points there... Guess what? It means I'm excited, not that I'm lying. Just thought I'd clarify in case anyone got confused.) Back to my post...I'm not often a fan of Christian Rock but Plumb is one of the better ones out there right now. I love that iTunes has Christian Artists as their free weekly downloads occasionally (I got Barlow Girls a while ago, which is good because I doubt I'd have ever actually bought it myself.). So go check it out. And while you are out there I'll let you know a few of my favorite iTunes downloads recently in case you want to add to the collection while you are there...
Paul Wright- Sunrise Sunset (Christian artist and Oregonian with great Jack Johnson/Jason Mraz like sound.)
Tristan Prettyman & Jason Mraz- Shy That Way (Tristan is a new favorite and she tours with Mraz, this duet is awesome! I heard it first live on KINK.FM which is now streaming live if you are interested.)
White Stripes- My Doorbell (Thanks Foolish Knight for the idea!!)
Bob Marley- Stir It Up (For my Summer/Beach mix.)
I realize after re-reading this that not only is my music very random, but I've used a ridiculous amount of links in this post.
13 comments:
Links are good! They bring people to you sometimes.
I had no idea Plumb was still around. I saw them in concert here in ...ummm... 1997(?) and I liked them lots.
love meagan
I saw Plumb around the same time--98/99 somewhere in there. It made me laugh when I downloaded the free song that itunes says something about "up-and-coming..." uh, right. For about a decade now! I remember the concert was the Bloomington Youth Fest and she wore fake angel wings at the beginning of the show...interesting!
I'm all about the free music. I've decided I'm downloading the free single every week. Maybe sometime I'll find someone new that I really like!
How fun! I love Plumb's new album, it's great.
So fun I think we all saw her when she was touring at the same time.
I saw her here in P-Town when I was in college with Jars of Clay. The funny part about this story is I asked this guy Gary to go with me when the friend I was going to go with bailed on me. I totally liked him, and figured he knew it by my asking him to the concert (of course I made it sound casual, but this is my bad habit!!). Well turns out he didn't have a clue. Which was all good in the end.
BUT the best part of the story is I wore these pleather pants and rubber looking shirt! Yeah I know its straight out of a Friends episode. That's Pleather-Fake plasticy leather! The shirt looked like wetsuit material. Oh did I think I was cool... I still wish I owned the shirt, I loved it. (This is in the Scarlet Red hair and velvet tie die flame dress days. I wanted to be an Indie Rocker!) Lets just say the pants didn't breathe at all. It was the hottest night of my life in the most literal sense.
Ah memories. And despite it I still like both Plumb and Jars of Clay.
Oh and Emily. I get a lot of good new ideas from the free downloads, I got Daniel Powter first as a freebie! The only thing I don't download are the Rap artists.
I saw them with Jars of Clay too!! That just reminded me that after that concert is when I broke up with Ben the first time.
I think I remember that pleather outfit. You and I weren't really in touch much during that year or two, but I vaguely recall...
love meagan
I saw Plumb at the Chiles Center at U of P around that time. Come to think of it, that was the same Jars of Clay show, wasn't it? NICE!
That's the same EXACT show I went to! I can't believe you didn't notice me in my pleather pants... Ha, ha, ha... Actually I don't think we had met yet.
Wow, so I defiantly did not see them then, I was still under the age of twelve, and living on the other side of the ocean. I was still listening to those great artiest like: Steve Green, and Sandi Patty.
Hey Katie, next time we hang out we should listen to your free download, what do you say to, my Mt, drinking steamers sometime this spring?
Hi Midsummer. YES to steamers and music. Maybe I'll download some Sandi Patty to remind you of your good ol days across the ocean... Then again maybe not. ;-)
Sandy Patty...ugh now those are some childhood memories. My mom LOVED Sandy Patty, probably still does.
KATIE!! This is a lot of comments for one blog entry!!
love meagan
I know its funny what gets a response sometimes I wonder if anyone's still reading. And then I find that a silly post like this gets the most interest. I think we love the reminiscing.
1) I don't even know who Plumb is. Now or then...
2) Pleather. Katie. I can't believe you.
3) I used to download every free single because it was, well, free. I haven't ever since I got Daniel Powter's Bad Day. I think I felt like I receached a pinnacle of some sort, the height of all elation.
4) I thought Midsummer said "streamers" and it made me happy thinking about Katie and Midsummer running around with streamers, somewhat like a May Pole-ish dance, near her Mt.
Post a Comment