5/04/2006

Random Post

So I guess its time for a new post... I don't have a cohesive thought so I'm giving you random ones flying in my head. What a treat for you!

iTunes- Free download of the week is Raconteurs Steady, As She Goes (Acoustic Version). I like the non-acoustic one the best but if you want a freebie check it out. Plus its got Jack White of the White Stripes joining in.

Couches- What to do, what to do... I have it narrowed down to two. One that I have no picture of online from Wickes (Chocolate Brown Velvet- Pretty cool), and this one from Dania (below- its actually more of a gray and not brown). Opinions?? I need to buy it this weekend so I can have it delivered to my new Apartment next week!!

Diets- I hate the idea of diets, I like "good nutrition" instead. But the truth of the matter is I'm not doing well on the "good nutrition" front, because frankly the bad stuff tastes better and doesn't go bad in my fridge when I'm barely home for three weeks straight. So I need to do something structured and get this UNDER CONTROL. When you start not buying clothes because you refuse to change sizes and you're a shopaholic like myself something must be done! So I guess I have to diet. Let me know if anything has worked well for you that doesn't cost a ton of money?

That's all for now folks...

5 comments:

Coley said...

Of course, you said you don't have a picture, but based on my imagination, I vote for the Chocolate Brown Velvet. You could dress it up with pink pillows! (I love pink and chocolate brown together!)

And I'm absolutely not one to comment on "good nutrition." My favorite food is TACOS!

However, my mom keeps talking about this idea she's heard about where you replace two meals a day with cereal for two weeks. I think the concept is that after two weeks you start to see results and maybe that motivates you to eat healthier so that you can continue to see results. I haven't tried it, so I have no idea if it works.

Counselor Nathan said...

You know since your being random Kate I will too. Normally when I am frustated with a diet I just drink like a fish... But the gut just never seems to go away...

Anonymous said...

Katie.. I am going to say I need to see the Wicke's couch, the lines of it. If you do the chocolate brown you can do the blue pillows and accents that you like with brown. You know, that combo we talked about a month or so ago?? love love love it!!! when you say VELVET is it REALLY velvet???? That is wacky. I have not seen a VELVET couch before. I dont know why I keep saying VELVET in all caps.

do you still have your gym membership? I say start that up again..... you can go on your lunch. It will get you out of the office and help your mood, state of mind. So it will be a two fold thing. Stock up on fruits and veggies and cut them up RIGHT when you get them home. Bag them up individually so you can grab and go and take them to work with you, in the car when you are running around doing errands etc.....

Katie said...

Hi guys... So I committed to the chocolate brown velvet. I'm so excited. I went and got paint chips at Home Depot on Saturday and took them to the store to try and see what goes best.

On the diet. I think T you are onto a good idea. I need to just stop and take time to prep the good food. I need to work out too but that takes actual time which I don't have much of.

Nicole... Brown and Pink are awesome. But I'm going for a cool blue as an accent. Cereal as a substitute... Hmm I think it might help at first but what do you do after you are sick of Cheerios? :-)

Coley said...

Chocolate brown and cool blue are a good combination, too! Chocolate brown is just an awesome color all around!

And as for the cereal, that is the same problem I've had when my mother brings up that crazy diet. I can only handle so much cereal when I'm not eating it twice a day before I'm ready to scream, so I really don't know that I can intelligently answer that question. Perhaps that is the reason we can never seem to motivate ourselves to start that crazy cereal diet!