What's your guilty pleasure? I hate to admit it but I love America's Next Top Model. That's right, I watch the most superficial of shows and I like it! Its full of shameless product plugs. The cattiness of the girls is unbelievable. I find it hysterical. Don't ask me why, I don't know if I can fully explain it but its fun. Maybe its because I adore fashion mag's and I used to want to be an editor for a living.
When it comes to music I love Gwen Stefani's Rich Girl or Hollaback (maybe because in the old day's I was a cheerleader?). And the worst of all.... I actually like some of Brittney Spears music. I know its so shameful. But its so fun to dance and work out to.
We can't always pretend to be high brow thinkers... So come on spill... What's your guilty pleasure??
19 comments:
Lately it has been reruns of "Saved by the Bell" in the morning while I'm getting ready for work. I'm also a sucker for bad movies on lifetime and "Baby Got Back." :)
YES!!!! EMILY! WE SHOULD BE FRIENDS!!! I just recently discovered the morning Saved by the Bell reruns and have been loving them!! I have been out of the house later than intended way too many times lately because of that :-)
love meagan
Katie: oh man, you know I have way too many guilty pleasures to even start listing here!
I just got 76% on the state game and that was my first try.
Hmm... guilty pleasures?
Does it count that I'm a polygamist when it comes to reading books?
I will start a book, get most of the way through, then glance over at my shelf and see something by Buechner or Tolkien staring longingly back at me. What's a boy to do? I gently put aside whatever book it was that previously held my affections and embrace this new book as my own true love.
It's not long, of course, before that book is back on the shelf with the other ravished titles in favor of some comely new volume of Walker Percy's or C. S. Lewis'.
It's really a wonder that I finish any books at all.
Say, now I really feel bad, is that guilt enough for you? Please don't make me write about my relationship with my babies. Uh, I mean "technological helpers". Albert's not a baby, of course. And neither are Ernest or Elric for that matter.
How silly.
Buck Rodgers! Ahh, a special effects budget of $15, and everyone wears spandex. :) Hey I was too young to know any better, as an adult it's just silly fun to watch again.
Matty C.
American Idol
So You Think You Can Dance
America's Next Top Model--last season
(Naima was always my favorite to win.)
Nanny 911 (though not regularly)
and most recently... on TLC Tuesdays at 10:00pm... The Adam Corolla Project
*whew* I feel cleansed to have admitted all of that.
YEA!!! So many fun comments and I feel so much better now! I know its a very good thing I don't have cable or I'd be watching TLC and Rerun networks non-stop. I can watch any episode of Friends or Seinfeld numerous times and never get tired of them. Saved by the Bell was one of my favorites growing up.
Spandex... No one should wear it. So funny.
Foolish Knight I am curious... Have you ever actually finished a book? The endings can be the best parts! Which reminds me I still have your Buechner book.
Why- 76% huh, I got 98% on the first try. ;-) That's a challenge.
Right now I am in a guilty pleasures mood and watching You've Got Mail for the umpteenth time. I have it memorized but its such a fabulous rainy day movie.
dnrene- spanish word for money.
Well, There's this book series called The Whacky World Of Wally McDoogle that I used to really like but the thing is the writing isn't very good. The other thing is I read one last summmer for the first time in about 4 years and I just cracked up.
90%!
Katie, if you have to ask if I've ever finished a book then I'm hurt. Check my blog.
I actually finished a book just this week. That brings the number of books I'm reading down to approximately 34! Yes!
[I got and easy one: Wponds. Saddam Hussein was once thought to harbor Wponds of Mass Destruction]
Katie! Hi! I hope it's Ok for me to comment.
I am so busy. I guess the only guilty pleasure I have is forgetting everything and going out in my jeep. Having the jeep is an answer to prayer. I love riding with the top down and meeting with God, just He and I out in the open air. It's awesome and so much fun.
Hi Queen Mum! Its always okay to comment...
I've heard about your Jeep! Sounds like good times. Midsummer was showing me some pictures of you towing about 10 kids on sleds behind it! You're the cool mom everyone wants to have. ;-)
OK one more... Surface! Yes, Sassypants agrees it's cheesy, but I look forward to Monday nights and electric giant sea monsters! Yehaw.
Matty C.
Two more television shows. The Shield and Deadwood. Guilty pleasure because there is a wee bit of swearing in both. ok maybe it's more than a wee bit :)
Thank you for your kind words. That was such a sweet thing to say. You really know how to make an old lady's day!
I'm glad I got to meet you and see you at the graduation.
Guilty pleasure: Macaroni and cheese, with extra cheese mixed in. Also, grilled cheese sandwiches. Neither of which I am allowed to eat these days.
thwbkt <--throw bucket?
I LOVE MAC AND CHEESE!!!! I feel like its not okay to eat it as a grown up, but I just can't help myself.
No Mike Poco does not look like a snake I agree!
Post a Comment