So I have had this problem before, and its a little annoying its already out again, BUT the last time I was in the VW repair shop they showed me how to replace the light myself. Actually I don't think they replace them for you all that often but the service guy took pity on me. So thinking back to the tutelage I knew you popped this black cover thingy in the trunk then you unscrew this washer... But from there I was stuck. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get to the bulb. There was clearly a metal panel you were not meant to work through and no special diagram's as to how to proceed.
Thank goodness for the trusty internet search engines. I found a site devoted to answering your auto repair questions and was delighted to discover that I was not the only befuddled VW light bulb replacer. In fact there were many who had gotten as far as myself and been driven to frustration as I was on the verge of. Turns out you have to pry the entire read light out of your car (which sounds terribly like you are damaging the car and the light beyond repair). Then you can easily access the bulbs with ease.
Let's just say I'll never forget how to change that light again. And if you have a VW Beetle I can help you replace yours!
7 comments:
How frustrating! On the other hand you reign victorious! Isn't it amazing how those things are "made" that way so we will have to go pay someone else to do it?! Cool car.
Oh, I wanted to say HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING.
I just want to say irujiwg (definition pending).
And I'm glad you got the brake light fixed...you'll be opening a VW repair shop before you know it.
And, Happy Thanksgiving! I love you Katie!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all too!!! I hope you have a good one!
I'm wasting away on my last day of work here. I'm the last one just making sure there are no emergencies before I take off.
But the light is changed and I feel so proud of myself!
I'm quite thankful I wasn't a boy because there's no way I'd want to crawl under the house. Creepy crawlies everywhere!!! Thank goodness for brothers who act as the whipping boy for us. ;-)
I remember that traumatic summer! Traumatic and confusing.
I have no idea how to change my lights. Maybe Auto Repair Girl can show me when you're here :-). Have you tried to change the front lights ever? Once when my dad and I tried we could not do it. My dad is not the handyman type as yours is, as you well know, but still we kept thinking we should have been able to do this. Turns out the engine is so tightly packed in these cute little cars that they have to actually take it out to change headlights. Hmm.
see you TOMOROROROROROROWWW!
Yes the front headlights are not possible to do as an amatuer. The service guys told me not to attempt it on my own. I've already had to have them replace the bulbs twice! He said the rear lights were the only one's that were easy enough to get to. I'll explain it all when I'm down.
HOORAY for Holiday Parties! My suitcase is packed.
Post a Comment