So you will all laugh at me because of this one. I've had DSL for months now and when I work from home on my laptop I have to unplug the cord from the desktop and put it in my laptop and squeeze it onto my desk somewhere so I can work. Its a pain and awkward so I decided to invest in wireless. Only when I started checking out my modem did I realize it was a wireless modem and I could have been working anywhere in my apartment on the laptop! AGH! Months of discomfort because I just didn't look on the modem.
So I begin the process of setting it all up. I'm fairly tech savvy at some things (meaning I can read and follow directions) and turned the modem on but no luck getting a signal on the laptop. It took four tech support calls to three different places including shuffling around before I got it to work. You know techie people are not so hot on the people skills at times which can just add to your frustration! I'm glad its not my job to help people who are already so annoyed by the time they get off hold that they can barely veil their anger at electronics while you try to help them. Now I just have to remember how we got it to work the first time so I can recreate the magic when I move.
4 comments:
techies have a world of their own. They are a rare breed indeed :- )
Wireless! YESSSSSSSS. You go! That's great and I hope you enjoy it. I live in denial. I just don't use my tech stuff and then I don't have to deal with it. It is a true help from the Lord that I can even comment on your blog. Queeny keeps telling me that I need to get my imac going (it's still sitting in the office floor since Christmas), and that I will love it.
I can totally relate to this, having spent the past three days trying to set up my own wireless network. I think I only made two tech calls, but I spent a lot of hours on the phone with a couple of friends who offered great moral support, even though they couldn't do much to help me since they weren't here!
The good news is, I'm wireless now and I'm loving it!
I do hope you have a smooth wireless transition to your new place!!!!
I'm so glad someone else has felt my pain (Nicole). It moved to the new place just fine and we are up and running. Now that its set up it seems so simple. Sigh.
Post a Comment