4/11/2006

Jeremiah 29:11-14

So many of you know I've been desperately looking for a new home. Laurel my awesome College friend and former roommate will be back on May 9th for a year of furlough from her ministry with Cadence International. I've been so excited to get to spend a year with her again. I've been obsessively looking for apartments online and calling around and nothing has fit the bill or its been rented by the time I got there. I was getting very discouraged when God began reminding me repeatedly that he had the perfect plan already lined up and that I just needed to trust him. So I began repeating over and over every time I started to stress "I trust you God, I trust you.". Slowly I just became more confident that he'd reveal the right plan, all the while hoping it wouldn't be at the last minute. In fact I needed to know when we might move and clarity on the plans this week so I could give my 30 day notice before rent was due again. I started asking specifically God please let me know by the end of the week.

Today I got a call from a complex I've been really feeling is in the right place and has the right amenities and is only a block from my favorite family living up at World View (Sorry Midsummer its not a prettier building. BUT it has a good view.). Its perfect for my friend who will need to be able to walk to Western Seminary when she's here (a nice few blocks up the street). The manager said he had confirmation someone would leave probably by the end of May, and did I want to come see the apartment and get things rolling? I'm calling him back now.

All I can say is HOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYY!!! It just reminds me that if God can so perfectly direct this detail of my life, what amazing things does he have in store for the bigger worries in my heart? Peace is settling in.

9 comments:

Coley said...

One of my favorite passages is from Philippians 4: 6-7, which is along the same lines as the one you refer to in Jeremiah. It is just so awesome to be reminded that the "peace of God, which surpasses all understanding" actually does "guard our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." So, thanks for reminding me!

h-i-p said...

I love that so so often we just need to give God the chance and opportunity to show His love for us. It always comes back to surrender to me. Its been a theme lately as well.

P.S. Are you posting at work?

Katie said...

Hello Nicole! Welcome to my blog. Philippians is a great book, thanks for the note.

H-I-P I was totally posting at work...ssshhh! I couldn't contain the excitement until after 5. I think surrender is a huge idea that we continue to learn and implement in our lives.

stan said...

So often we will get to have something once, and it goes away, or we never have something at all that we've wanted to have, and a sort of hopelessness sets in. Then God gives us just what we never thought we could have.

He's never in a hurry, but He's always on time.

I hope you get to move into this perfect apartment with Laurel!

meagan said...

Yay! As I read this I could totally hear your voice in my head repeating "I trust you God, I trust you."

love meagan

p.s. Am I going to get lost trying to find my way to your new place now?

h-i-p said...

I'm reminded how easily swayed I am to jump at the good things, when God has that even-better-than-you-could-ever-imagine thing waiting if you just do that -- wait! It IS his timing and it is perfect!

Katie said...

I'm so encouraged by this post and all the comments! Thanks everyone. Hugs all around.

I'm definitely starting to love more and more the better than I can imagine philosophy. So cool.

Well the update is the apartment is a great layout and size. Its very quiet looking complex with a fantastic view of the city. The only hiccup is the people moving out haven't finalized when their house deal is closing. Pray that it gets worked out this week so we can have a definite yes or no.

Emily said...

Hi Katie
I'm excited for your move. If the complex doesn't work out, my apartment complex has a 2 bedroom open. A sign went up today.
Best of luck! God is good. His timing is perfect.

Emily

Katie said...

Hi Emily (aka Sassypants)! That's good to know about your complex. It would be funny to be neighbors. We could do a whole Three's company thing and I could be the crazy downstairs neighbor. I'll check in with you if this one doesn't pan out and get the number.