2/10/2006

My Favorite Sporting Event is starting...

Though I work for one of the largest sportswear/footwear companies in the world I am not that much of a sports buff. I know its like sacriledge to the obsessive sports fans out there. But every few years I become a sport fanatic. I am an Olympics Junkie! It doesn't matter if its winter or summer, ping pong or skiing I love it. There is beauty and inspiration at the Olympics. I adore watching the stories that explain how the athletes got to the place they are today (and they make me cry almost every time). I love watching the sheer excitement they feel when they win. This is often a once in a lifetime chance for them. Not to mention its one of the few things that still makes me feel extremely patriotic. There is something very cool about getting behind your country in sporting matches. Its one of the few times where you can see politically opposite countries come together in an amicable way and putting aside their differences to compete on even ground.

If you are interested in being an Olympic Junkie you can find the schedule here.

3 comments:

Andrew Price said...

Wow, I would never have guessed it Katie. Something about your personality and the Olympics don't seem to click to me, but, hey, I

I'm always very, very jealous of anyone wins anything at the Olympics. Which isn't good, and it's been going on since I first saw someone go off the ski jump when I was really little.

That's something God's been working on in me!

Sister Ames said...

the olympics?!?! Yeah!!! I love the olympics!! I'm just trying not to get hooked. :0) I fell asleep watching them last night...oops! :)

Katie said...

I didn't watch until I fell asleep because I had to drive home from a friend's but I would have if I'd been at home. Did you hear about the luger that wrecked? So scary!

Foolish Knight, why are you jealous of them? You can win one too if you want. ;-)