2/16/2006

Olympics Update

My new favorite winter sport is Snowboard Cross.
VERY exciting! Not too mention the commentators crack me up with their boarding talk. Guys races were today, US won Gold. Tomorrow its the girls turn. If I had any drive to adrenaline sports this is this one I'd choose. But I don't like pain, so the falling and crashing are definitely deterrents!

On other topics...
Men's Figure Skating. Yes its a bit scary to watch also. I much prefer the women. My only comment for tonight is to say... WHY OH WHY doesn't the Russian guy cut his hair? Its so bad it distracts me. Yes I am shallow, and I'm okay with that today. He needs a stylist.

My final thought of the night. The Coke ads are just cracking me up. These guys are practicing cheers for the Olympics. I giggle every time (well so far, after the 30th commercial a night I don't even flinch).

6 comments:

Queen Mum said...

Men's figure skating..Yes, scary indeed. But isn't is funny? Well, I mean if you're not grossed out first. Umm,moving on. Did you see the female snow boarder? I took it that she was showing off at the end of her run(feeling like she had the gold)and when she limped over the finish line, I almost felt sorry for her.

Queen Mum said...

Oh, about the guy's hair. We laugh and make jokes all the time about mullets. To actually see one, though, hardly happens to us.

Katie said...

Hi Queen Mum! I did see the snowboard cross girl (who is in fact endorsed by my company, ha ha ha). It totally looked like she was showing off. You can bet she won't ever do that again. I felt bad because she had been so far in the lead.

Also I've been totally annoyed with the "scandal" between the US Speed Skaters. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on who is the bad guy. I'm personally just tired of the media making it a big deal.

Thanks for commenting! I hope you are all doing well.

Anonymous said...

What's sad is that you're wasting your time with the special olympics! I could care less who races who down hill, jumping over bobsleds, pulling triple sow cows and brushing the ice for shuffle puck. I haven't been able to watch the office for two weeks! Oh and I hate ice skating. I just don't get it, why do people continue to watch? These are some of the most boring sports on earth. FYI the Olympics were created by a Frenchman to instill French pride and unity. How did we get sucked into some Frechman's idea of a sporting contest?

Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was me, Matty.

Katie said...

Umm yeah... I assumed it was you soley from the comments. Anything derogatory about the French is a tip off.

Well I love the Olympics despite your bahumbug attitude! And it originated in Greece not France! Silly.... I can't believe you haven't been watching the Snowboarding? I'd think you'd love the Snowboard Cross! I've been up till almost midnight every night this week soaking it all in.

Just be happy it only goes on for two weeks. Then you can watch the office again.