So I have been asking God to lead me in this whole house buying endeavor. And so far the guidance has not been the direction I had hoped for (getting a house of course!). I first realized that what I could afford and what was out there don't really line up. My debt is still pretty high, which is a stress. Of course my logic is that the house will appreciate so much that I can use it to pay off the debt in a few years for good.
Then my car dies on me Sunday after church. It had to be towed into a repair shop (thank goodness for AAA coming out for anyone, since I don't have a membership and used a friends). My friends were all very gracious in the matter, driving me all over. And I had about five people give me advice on what could be wrong, but no one could fix it. I was confident God would work and it would be something small. I had faith. Well the call came in and it was $500! Can you believe it? I'm still paying for this car! Of course the guy was very nice and explained that we'd caught it before the part needed replaced which would have been another $400! So in a way it was a blessing. We caught it early, and it happened before my road trip to the beach this weekend.
I realize its not a huge amount of money but its just one more thing to drain my resources and break my hope. Its like another nail in the coffin on my dream. We'll see what happens now, but my optimism is definitely failing.
2 comments:
Ohhhhh :-( frustrating car.
Perhaps not owning a house is God's way of keeping you more mobile, in case He calls you to serve Him somewhere else in the world on short notice. Now, that may or may not be true, but it's a possibility.
Post a Comment