10/19/2005

The Quest for my new Favorite

I have been on a quest for over a month now. Its been long and arduous. At times I thought I would never find what I was seeking, but today I got the news! What was I searching for you ask? The fountain of youth... Maybe the cure for a disease... You don't know me very well if you are buying that!

I've been searching for the fabulous Pink Knot Rose. That's right wine! I ordered two bottles from a wine sale at work and found that its the most fabulous wine I've tasted. (That's right we have wine sales at work, man I love it there!!) One of which I shared with my family at dinner at my sister's house which everyone declared nummy. The other bottle I shared with my dear friend Betty on the porch of a fantastic lodge overlooking the Columbia Gorge. Both were definitely good times.

But then alas no more Pink Knot! We'd drank it all. No worries I thought I'll just pop into a few good wine stores (Fred Meyer usually has great selection, along with Cost Plus) and pick up another bottle. But too no avail. I began searching wine sections any time I went into a store and still nothing. I emailed a specialty shop and they'd never heard of it. The panic and the real sleuthing then began. I just had to find that wine.

I looked the maker up online (see new link in favorites) to discover its not available from the winery direct (of course since its in AUSTRALIA!). I can't go to Australia to get my wine. Though it would be a nice trip. But kind of expensive. Then I found the US distributor. They of course don't sell direct to consumers either. They did direct me to another distributor in the local area. This distributor then explained the wine was very new still and they had only sold to three retailers in my area. I am now so close I can taste its sweet pinkness! This time I will be stocking up so the craving won't go unquenched again. Maybe I'll bring some to the Holiday Party Meagan always gives... So if you like wine give it a try. I'm off to call and get my bottles.

12 comments:

meagan said...

geeze this entry made me thirsty :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the wine is worth the effort. You'll have to let me know where to get some once I can start tasting wine again.
Brenda

Andrew Price said...

I know how you feel. I hate it when I can't find my favorite wine!

Katie said...

This wine is definitely worth the effort! Brenda I'll share a bottle with you when I get some and you are free to imbibe again.

Foolish Knight I didn't realize you were into wine so much. Maybe I should be concerned? ;-)

lwdbx- a form of stero from the 80's.

Meiska said...

But doesn't it have a lovely name!

Katie said...

I know!! Its part of the reason I love it so... And the label is a perfect pink. I love pink.

Andrew Price said...

No, no need for concern. (*Hic!*) No need at all.

Eucharisto said...

Very interesting...Finding the right wine, what a job!

Why said...

I can't say I am terribly concerned for your quest but then again I cannot taste it's sweet pinkness due to the laws of the land.

Xenjalmi: A now extinct Japanese video game system.

Katie said...

It IS a big job... finding the perfect wine.

And no Mr. Why you can't have any... But in 6 or so years I'll let you try some. ;-)I love your word definition!

stan said...

On Saturday I looked for it when I visited my sis at her store in Garden Home...plenty of Aussie wines, but no Pink Knot.

No Pink Anything, in fact.

Katie said...

You'll all be excited to know that the Wine Cellar in Beaverton carries Pink Knot and has in fact ordered me some bottles. I'll be stockpiling. I even had some on Monday night... YUMMY!

sefoli- an appartion at sea that leads sailors to their doom.