10/23/2005

Indie Flicks

So I went to see a movie on Thursday with my friend Josh. He wanted to see a movie that I thought would have crass and "stupid" humor, so I vehemently said no based off my good conscience of garbage in garbage out! So I proceeded to look at the Indie flicks playing at my favorite local theater as I usually like the artsy types of flicks. The reviews of one movie Junebug on Rotten Tomatoes were pretty high (83%). So I suggested it.

We went. When I walked in and said hey this is the same theater I saw an awful and uncomfortable movie with Stan in. The only movie I really wish I'd walked out of. That could have been a sign from God to leave but I totally didn't catch it. WHY do reviewers assume that every odd indie flick that comes out is therefore fabulous and meaningful art! Just because its different doesn't mean its good... Let's just say there were some uncomfortable moments to be sitting in a theater next to a friend of the opposite sex with. And in the end the story wasn't even good. It was a waste of my three dollars and I think the "stupid" humor flick would have been more worth my time.

4 comments:

Why said...

It's not fair that you get links in your side bar and I don't.[insert pouty face here]

Katie said...

Why don't you get links?? They were just there and waiting for me to use them...

meagan said...

I'm too curious....what was the crass and stupid movie Josh wanted to see?

:-)

love meagan

p.s. have you checked out my friend emily's blog? I think you'd really like it! Anyway, it's linked in my sidebar if you're interested.

Katie said...

Wedding Crashers... I'm sure some people will find it funny but I knew I wouldn't.