I am a person of extremes, or maybe enthusiasm is a better way of putting it. If you've known me for more than a week or even a day you know I write most emails and communication with exclamations all over!!!! I also have a funny (or I am sure in some people's opinion an annoying) habit of declaring everything as my favorite. How can I have so many favorites? Doesn't that in fact defeat the purpose of it being a favorite? Maybe... But I truly love things so much they belong in the "favorites" category. It is not an exclusive list, and many random things are allowed in there. I can't be so definite as to limit the list. Its just too difficult, and unfair to those fabulous things. Favorite food? Depends on the day you talk to me, if its cold and rainy (coconut curry) it will be a very different choice than a hot summer day (cashew chicken salad). Favorite music or artist? Again depends on my mood and the type of music I identify with at the moment. In a sad reflective mood it could be Sarah McLachlan. On a happy day at the beach... Jack Johnson or maybe Ben Harper.
So think of my favorites as an ever changing on going list. It means in essence that I identified with something or found it beautiful in some way, and it deserves some recognition! There I am being exclamatory again... So all this to say I now have a new section on my blog noted as "Latest Favorites!!!". This will be a revolving list of the most recent things I have found worth a "favorite" title. Check it out. Maybe you will find something to identify with and find beautiful also. Pay attention because it will update without notice!
6 comments:
I know I have been called "your favorite person" many times! And I've heard you call other people your favorite person at other times. So I am well aware of the flexible nature of your favorites category. It's fun. Good post, Katie!
Those exclamation points... "histrionics" :-)
love meagan
workaant <--Hey look at that! It's practically a real word. Let's have a picnic! I'll invite the workaants so they can clean up our crumbs.
cucpiuas <--We can have cucpiuas and salsa, too!
WHOA I DON'T EVEN HAVE A COMMENT BUT LOOK AT MY WORD VERIFICATION WORD:
rough
THE FIRST REALLY REAL WORD!!
yes I know I'm yelling. I'm being histrionic. :-)
You are all obsessed with the words! Mine...ohxaeulp the painful form of hiccups.
My favorite thing... reminding you of the facing chairs episode as a kid and sticking my tongue out at you. THAT, is my favorite thing to remind you of.
Matt C.
P.S. Buy shotguns, they are better than shoes and will intimidate nasty people better than high heels.
Dear brother...Keep your shotguns! I will always choose a fabulous pair of high heel boots or shoes to intimidate with. Another favorite!
Our childhood...Not always my favorite memory. I particularly like the time you lured me outside to "play Barbies" with me and instead attacked me with GI Joes. Ah good times!
When are you getting a blog? I know you want one!
Post a Comment