"The span between life as we intend it and life as we receive it is vast. Our true purpose is worked out in that gap. It is fashioned in the crucible of interruptions." Mark Buchanan The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul By Restoring Sabbath
Life as I had originally intended it in my dreams and youth is certainly not what I have received. I like the word received here. What we envision at times is so very limiting on what the Lord intends to do with and through us. When we open our hearts up to see where He wants to take us, when we receive the life He has for us, our perspective changes. The drive falls away and is replaced by seeing His plan. I still very much struggle at times to see His logic and plan. But looking back I see I have been steered well. He has taken me on a very different path, but I can only be grateful for that. Can we let go of those intended things without them becoming disappointments that drive a wedge between our Father and ourselves? That is my assignment to reflect on for now.
At work we talk a lot about how we are doing with our actual results versus our plans. We are always striving hard to hit plan or do better. Yet in my personal life I see sometimes my plan is no where close to the actual which is happening. What is the real "plan" I should be working toward? See the flaw in the logic I have at times is I think I am driving the plan. When really I never saw the actual plan. I need to be seeking, looking for His plan. When I orient myself toward that these other things will no longer appear to be interruptions, but purposeful.
Life as I had originally intended it in my dreams and youth is certainly not what I have received. I like the word received here. What we envision at times is so very limiting on what the Lord intends to do with and through us. When we open our hearts up to see where He wants to take us, when we receive the life He has for us, our perspective changes. The drive falls away and is replaced by seeing His plan. I still very much struggle at times to see His logic and plan. But looking back I see I have been steered well. He has taken me on a very different path, but I can only be grateful for that. Can we let go of those intended things without them becoming disappointments that drive a wedge between our Father and ourselves? That is my assignment to reflect on for now.
At work we talk a lot about how we are doing with our actual results versus our plans. We are always striving hard to hit plan or do better. Yet in my personal life I see sometimes my plan is no where close to the actual which is happening. What is the real "plan" I should be working toward? See the flaw in the logic I have at times is I think I am driving the plan. When really I never saw the actual plan. I need to be seeking, looking for His plan. When I orient myself toward that these other things will no longer appear to be interruptions, but purposeful.
No comments:
Post a Comment