I stumbled across this FANTASTIC site while searching for knitting patterns. (Yeah, yeah, call me an old lady but I like knitting.) Its http://www.vintageous.com/ and its full of wonderful vintage clothes. Though pretty much every dress or coat is made for a 22" to 25" max waist! Seriously were women in the 40's and 50's really this small or did they all still wear corsets?
But if I was that small or had a magic contraption to make me that small... Had a spare $800 and the dress wasn't already sold... This is what I'd be wearing. Sigh. Such beauty. Its Christian Dior.

8 comments:
Friday night at 10:30, you're posting? Wasn't this Family Camp weekend?
No. This weekend is Family Camp. And hey! Don't knock my Friday night posts... Apparently I no longer have a life.
i love that site...always so creative
Not knocking Friday night posts... just wondered if you'd skipped Family Camp this year for some reason. I'm happy to see that it wasn't that weekend! I missed being there...I wish we could have been up there to hang out with you all. I miss my Montavilla family.
We miss you too!!!
No, it was a week later this year. Our planning didn't get done early enough and we ended up with two loops opposite each other. Which was cool because we got to try a new loop and I liked it better. But it rained for the first time in ages, and I ended up getting really sick after I went home. It was a bummer.
Summertime sickness sucks! I'm sorry that happened. You should blame it on those crows in the treetops that wake everyone up with their loud cawing at 5:30 in the morning.
I don't think I would ever wear this dress. Maybe.
I couldn't wear the dress. I'm too big for it. Besides, I'm not sure it's my color. Then again doesn't everybody look good in black?
Post a Comment