12/18/2006

Tag! I'm it...

In response to Foolish Knight's blog tag here's my list of "25 things I'd like to do before I die"... I needed a new topic so this is perfect. I always feel I am missing something huge when I do these sorts of lists so I reserve the right to change it at any time.

1. Buy a house (a nice little bungalow)
2. Go back to Paris for a nice long visit, sitting in cafes drinking cafe creme and reading great books.
3. Visit my dear friends living in Europe (Laurel in Germany and Jae in Scotland)
4. Visit my family in Taiwan (with a nice jaunt to Hong Kong)
5. Retire early from my corporate job and do something for God full time (ministry/small business whatever I feel led to do)
6. Live near/on the beach for at least some of my life
7. Take a Photography class and learn how to really use a camera
8. Get out of debt!
9. Allow myself to be so open to the Spirit's moving that He just flows out of my life, words, and heart
10. Speak with my friend Margo at a womens retreat or event (she always said we'd end up doing it together, and I'd love it).
11. Every 5 years meet up with all my college girlfriends in some exotic locale (Italy maybe?) for a nice reunion.
12. Make an impact on the lives around me for the growth of the Kingdom and the glory of God
13. Get through a High School teaching lesson without getting frustrated (I think its more my issue, than their's)
14. Learn to knit more than ugly, messy scarves.
15. Tile my own bathroom someday
16. Make Creme Brulee without lighting anything on fire (sorry Mike and Meagan)
17. Go on a tour of the wineries in Napa, and visit Carmel.
18. Figure out how to love and encourage my family in a way that they understand and trust.
19. Live near my friends who've moved away again for at least another short time. Each time its so very different and I love knowing them in the different phases of their lives.
20. Own a classic car in honor of my Dad (something like an old Mercedes convertible could work just fine)
21. Stop the strange belief that God's goals and plans for my life are essentially the antithesis of mine (lies, lies, lies!).
22. Fall in love with a man who loves God and whose goal is to serve Him.
23. Going with number above I'd like to marry said man, and have a lasting marriage that mirrors God's love of us.
24. Have a family (but no 2 and 1/2 kids, that's just creepy, whole kids only!)
25. Meet up with Erin and her family in the summers for vacations to the beach (we were going to buy a beach house in Cannon Beach and spend summers there).

And there you have it! Man I have some things to work on and a LOT of traveling to do... I better get moving.

6 comments:

meagan said...

Oh, that's so great!

stan said...

I'm pretty sure that these aren't ranked in order of importance, but falling in love with a man is all the way down at #22? Below crème brûlée and tiling your own bathroom?

Teasing, only teasing :)

Katie said...

Whatever Stan! Of course they aren't in order of importance. I don't think there is an order, they are just good things I want to do.

Hi Meagan!

Andrew Price said...

Good list, Katie!

It's good to see you back from the dead.

h-i-p said...

okay -- i am officially happy! my name made it on katie's list o' things :)

Katie said...

Of course you made it on my list Erin! I can't wait to go to our beach house...