Dad called last night. My Grammie died yesterday. Sad.
I'm pretty sure she wasn't a believer. I wasn't that close to her as she's always lived far from me. So the shock last night wasn't too bad. I knew it had been a long time coming but today at work I can't stop crying. On the drive in it started and now it won't stop... I have two meetings I've missed already because I just can't go in there with blood shot eyes and have people ask me about it.
My Uncle Gene has been living with Grammie and taking care of her for the last few years. Its been pretty hard on him lately. I'm sure he feels relief that she's gone and guilt over that relief. Again I don't think he's a believer, or if he is he hasn't walked with God in years. He expressed to my Dad on the phone that the day before she died he prayed to God to just take her away.
God took her, and she struggled the whole way. She was a woman without peace.
6 comments:
ohhhhhhhhhhh
I am not sure what to say Kate. I feel like I have should have something wonderful and inspiring to say because I am a counselor. I want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. This time sounds like it may be somewhat confusing. I am sorry for you family's loss. I hope that over time you are able to understand the depth of the emotional response you had...however, you may not need to. You may just have needed to have it...
love you kate...
Hello Katie,
I know just how you feel. When my good friend, Carol, lost her husband last February in a car accident, I drove to Yuba City for the memorial service (so without the presence of God). I cried all the way home praying that in those last seconds as he left the road he cried out to God. He was a popular high school principal and did so much for the kids at his school--what a loss in more ways than one. You are in my prayers. Aunt Karen
It was hard to witness my grandma going through the stages of dying and see her struggle instead of having the peace we all wished for her to have. Even now, months later, I don't like to think about it. I can't know what afterlife will be for her but I know that God is just. Believing that helps me cope a little.
Aw Katie, I didnt even know
I am so sorry. ((hugs))
Hi All... Thanks so much for your prayers and love. My parents are are at the memorial this weekend with my Dad's family. I just keep praying they will be a light to everyone they see there.
Post a Comment