So I plan on moving in May when my friend Laurel moves back to the States for a year on home assignment. I've been looking into buying a house for a while now. I thought this may be the time to go for it since she could help with the mortgage by paying rent for a year. But can I afford it is the question!
I went in and spoke to a loan officer at my credit union this week. It was pretty encouraging because they have a really good first time buyer program right now. Its just a lot of money a month, and I have to be approved for a certain amount to even get a decent home. The housing market is rising so much its hard to find something affordable and livable. And we all know I have "standards" to keep. It would be awesome if I could just inherit a big chunk of cash to help me. But the chances are very unlikely.
So I'm sweating it out, crunching numbers, and just generally overwhelmed. My goal is to keep the focus that no matter the outcome that God will guide me either way. He's a huge God who still intimately cares about the details of my life. What a relief.
3 comments:
What a HUGE decision! Wow. Home ownership is great but comes with its strings. I'll be praying for you. Isn't it so exciting and scary at the same time? Most BIG decisions are.
It'd be nice if you could find a house within walking distance of this place :)
Oh definitely!
But sadly I'm starting to think it might not happen. Very sad... Maybe I can rent something near there?
Post a Comment