1/07/2006

New Year, New resolutions? Who are we kidding...

I have a feeling that if you are at all like me the same resolutions appear on your list of to do's every year. For some reason I just can't master the goals I set for myself. Or I master them for a time, and then fall back into old habits again. Why is it so hard to move forward?

This year I have one of the same resolutions I've had for years now. Lose weight and work out more. Lose weight, work out. Lose weight, work out. Lose weight, work out. Lose work, weight out... Hmm. Sometimes when you repeat something enough it stops having any meaning. But regardless that's my goal. AGAIN.

Status to date... I've started working out more regularly. This is good. I've started eating better. Maybe not all of the time but at least I'm trying to make better choices. I swear if I don't see any progress I just get depressed and stop trying. But it takes discipline right? So I've got to keep moving forward. But I was tempted for 2 seconds to try "alternative" methods. I've noticed many times recently a commercial for "Propelyne". Apparently a miracle drug where you don't have to change any habits and the fat just melts away. Yeah right! I don't want to even know what kind of side of effects this has. But sadly I thought that's what I'd like. But its too good to be true.

So back to trying to change my habits again. I wish I liked eating healthy foods, but unfortunately the one's that are bad for you are the one's that taste the best! And sometimes its just so much easier to sit on the couch and watch a movie or read a book. It definitely feels like its the best choice sometimes. I actually love working out once I get there and once in the habit I feel so much better about myself. But still getting there is half the battle. Though I seem to always feel I'm doing the same things over and over again. I think the effort is worth it.

Well I hope your resolutions if you have them are going well. And just for giggles I'm sure you'll appreciate that I wrote this entire blog while drinking milk from a martini glass, watching the movie Ever After and wearing a play tiara. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself who you really are.

10 comments:

meagan said...

YAY A NEW BLOG!

okay, now I'll go actually read it. :-)

love meagan

meagan said...

Oh mannn I am still laughing out loud at that image of you! You should totally take a picture of yourself in that tiara with that milky martini glass and post it!!! (you could photoshop a black bar over your eyes so you don't have to worry about stalkers :-)

love meagan

Katie said...

Dead serious. I'm still wearing it. I should be embarassed but I'm not! I'd take a pic if I had a digital camera... Need to get one of those.

Anyway, the crown is left over from a high school girls thing I did. I wear it when I need a little pick me up. And the milk in a martini glass was just plain fun.

meagan said...

you have a camera phone. That's all I use for blog photos..

Katie said...

Nope. No camera on my phone. I got it before the camera's became more affordable. I'm sure I'll get one next time. I'm always a little behind in the tech world.

Katie said...

Oh I missed Mike's new comment. I will bring it for our next cooking extravaganza. You should wear a Burger King crown...

meagan said...

Does burger king still make those crowns?

Katie said...

I have no clue... Just shows how often I go there.

h-i-p said...

Its good that you don't go to Burger King often, right? One less fast food place to feel bad about after eating food from, eh?

Sister Ames said...

katie! i love your blog!! You're so freakin awesome!! :-)